Over at the Disney Parks Blog, they provided us with a sneak peek of the brand-new gingerbread house at the Grand Californian Hotel & Spa at Disneyland Resort. We recently took at look at Grand Floridian’s, so it’s definitely fun to compare the two!
The official opening for the display is November 27, and it was created by a team of 25 artists, engineers and bakers. A total of 1,400 hours are needed to bake and create the edible portion, and it measures 7 ½ feet tall and 12 feet wide. Here’s a look at the ingredients:
- More than 500 pounds of gingerbread
- 60 gallons of frosting and icing
- 100 pounds of isomalt sugar
- 50 pounds of granulated sugar
- 50 pounds of powdered sugar
- 2 gallons of egg whites
- 1 quart of lemon juice
Offerings for sale include:
- Gingerbread shingles and other assorted holiday cookies
- Holiday cookie-decorating kits
- Gingerbread house kits
- Specialty hot chocolate and cider
Will you be visiting the Grand Californian to see the gingerbread house this year?