With the official opening just over two weeks away, Trattoria al Forno is taking shape at Disney’s BoardWalk Resort. We’ve been getting sneak peeks of what we can expect from the new restaurant, and today the Disney Parks Blog is giving us a visual taste of the desserts that will be offered. They’ve also provided a recipe for the Tiramisu.
Here is the menu that was announced in October:
In addition to the items below, you can also order their Signature Dessert – Bombolini with Dark Chocolate served with Vanilla Gelato ($6.49), Addogato al Caffe – Espresso with choice of Hazelnut or Vanilla Gelato ($4.99), or a Spoonful of Gelato – choice of Hazelnut, Double Dark Chocolate, Strawberry-Basil-Balsamic, or Pistachio-Stracciatella ($4.99).
Piedmont Hazelnut-Chocolate Cake with Oranges and Whipped Cream – $6.49
Cannoli “Pizzelle” filled with Chocolate Pistachio Cream – $6.99
“Spaghetti” Gelato and “Meatballs” – $5.19
Lemon Panna Cotta with Almond Crunch and Macerated Berries (No Sugar Added & Gluten Free) – $6.49
Tiramisu – Lady Finger soaked with Espresso and layered with Italian Mascarpone Cream – $6.99
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 (8-ounce) containers mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups espresso or strong coffee, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup amaretto, divided
- 20 to 25 packaged ladyfingers
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- Combine egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at medium-high speed 2 to 3 minutes until light yellow; add mascarpone, 1 tablespoon espresso, and 2 tablespoons amaretto, whisking until very smooth.
- Combine egg whites and 1/2 cup sugar in a separate large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into mascarpone mixture.
- Combine remaining espresso, amaretto, and remaining 1/2 cup sugar in a shallow bowl.
- Quickly dip each ladyfinger into espresso mixture and create a single layer along the bottom of a 13×9-inch dish.
- Spread half of mascarpone mixture over ladyfingers, then create a second layer of soaked ladyfingers. Top with remaining mascarpone mixture. Dust liberally with cocoa powder.
- Cover dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least for 3 hours and up to 8 hours before serving.
Trattoria al Forno hours will be 7:30-11 a.m. for breakfast and 5-10 p.m. for dinner. The restaurant will accept the Disney Dining Plan. For reservations, call 407-WDW-DINE or visit http://www.disneyworld.com/dine.