EAT LOCAL WEEK returns to Central Florida March 7–14, 2015
After a week of celebrating locally sourced ingredients in local restaurants, the week culminates at 4:30pm March 14 with the second annual Field to Feast dinner featuring top Walt Disney World chefs at Long & Scott Farms in Mt. Dora.
When: Saturday, March 14, 2015
Where: Long & Scott’s Farms, Mt. Dora, FL
Time: 4:30pm – 6:00pm Reception
6:00pm – 8:30pm Walk-Around Dinner
The reception includes wine, beer, signature cocktails, hor d’oeuvres and a tour of the Farm with farmer Hank Scott.
The walk-around dinner will feature food and wine pairings chosen and prepared by Walt Disney World Chefs and Sommeliers, including:
– Chef Christian Rumpler and sommelier Melissa Schreiber from Golden Oak
– Chef Brian Piasecki and sommelier Michael Scheifler from California Grill
– Chef Tim Keating and sommelier Stig Jacobsen from Flying Fish Café
– Chef Jay Smith and sommelier Damaris Jimenez from The Wave . . . of American Flavors
– Chef Leonard Thompson and sommelier Jim Reynders from Disney Catering
– Chef Gregg Hannon and sommelier Marianne Hunnel from Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival
– Chef Phil Ponticelli and sommelier Keith Gimbel from Cítricos
– Chef Scott Hunnel and sommelier Israel Perez from Victoria & Albert’s
– Chef Stefan Riemer and sommelier Jason Cha Kim showcasing Disney desserts
A limited number of tickets are available at edibleorlando.com, $165 per person includes reception, farm tour and culinary stations.
Proceeds from this event, a sellout in 2013, benefit Kids Café Program of Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida.