We’re just a month away from the start of the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival, which begins March 4 and runs for 75 days through May 17, 2015. We’re big fans of the Festival, especially since the introduction of the Outdoor Kitchens in 2013. The Disney Parks Blog has released a little bit more information about the event, in addition to what we posted back in November.
“Frozen” is of course making an appearance, with Anna and Elsa topiaries making their debut in World Showcase Plaza.
The Flower Power Concert Series has been renamed “Garden Rocks” and features music that “spans the decades.” Performances take place at the America Gardens Theatre, which showtimes at 5:30, 6:45 and 8:00 p.m. every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Here’s the lineup:
- March 6-8: Gin Blossoms “Hey Jealousy” (New to this festival)
- March 13-15: NEW! Pablo Cruise “Love Will Find a Way”
- March 20-22: En Vogue “Free Your Mind” (New to this festival)
- March 27-29: Starship “We Built This City”
- April 3-5: The Orchestra starring former members of ELO “Evil Woman”
- April 10-12: Village People “Y.M.C.A.”
- April 17-19: Jon Secada “Just Another Day” (New to this festival)
- April 24-26: The Guess Who “These Eyes”
- May 1-3: Taylor Dayne “Tell It to My Heart” (New to this festival)
- May 8-10: NEW! Little River Band “Reminiscing”
- May 15-17: Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone “I’m Henry the VIII, I Am”
And of course, the food! Botanas Botanico is the new Outdoor Kitchen and will be located between the France and Morocco pavilions. It will feature treats like Cachapas, a sweet yellow corn pancake with Farmer’s Cheese, and Seafood Ceviche with shrimp, scallops and grouper with mango and avocado. You’ll also find a fresh non-alcoholic punch, La Tizana, but you can add some Santa Teresa RHUM Orange Liqueur for a more grown-up taste.
What are you looking forward to most about the festival?